Friday, November 10, 2006

Jamaica Me Where?


I keep promising to make these blog entries more frequent but, ya know, there's been a lot going on lately.

Good things, mind you. I've been swamped with freelance magazine assignments (by the way, I've got a feature, "Extreme Caribbean," in this month's issue of "National Geographic Traveler.") And I've been trying to punch out the first hundred pages of my next book. No, it's not part of the Zack/Caribbean series. It's a standalone thriller set in Costa Rica. Tentative title: "The Good Scout." It's way different than the Zack books. Darker, creepier. So dark and creepy that my wife, after reading the first chapter, makes me sleep in the guest bedroom.

OK, maybe not quite that dark and creepy. Still, it's a shift.

When I get it to the point where I really-really like it, then my agent, Mighty Joe Veltre, will start showing it around, with the good folks at St. Martin's getting first peek. And with luck, I'll land another multi-book deal. Which would be most nice because I've already begun mapping out books four and five in the Zack series -- "Bimini Split" and "Trinidaddyo."

Soooooo ... while all that good stuff simmers, we take time out today for a bit of diversion. A reader (a long-lost friend actually) recently sent me this photo. It was shot in the city where he now lives and where he came across the new paperback release of "Jamaica Me Dead" in a bookstore.

If you can identify the city where the photo was taken, then you win, let's see, you win a signed copy of BERMUDA SCHWARTZ when I finally get my hands on one (pub date isn't until Feb. 6.)

The usual rules apply: 1) You can't win if you've won something here before. 2) Uh, right now I can't think of any other rules, but I defer the right to make up more rules as I see fit.

So...Jamaica Me Where?

12 comments:

Jimmy Conner said...

Bob: Amsterdam? Peace, Jimmy Conner

Anonymous said...

France? And know I don't see Bob's underpants. Love the books.
Mike
Montauk, NY

Anonymous said...

Bob,
The looks like Bangkok to me.
Thom Delcomyn

Anonymous said...

I think that might be one of the canal in England.

Lifeguard Brent

Dru said...

I have no idea, but I'm guessing Florida.

Anonymous said...

Copenhagen?

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Ho Chi Minh (Saigon).

Harry

Anonymous said...

Yo, Bob!! How are ya. I believe the city is Limon, Costa Rica.

Cheers,

Jimmy Stem

Anonymous said...

Bob: If it's not Amsterdam, I
suppose I'll be buying your
book. I've looked at enough
pictures to drive oneself
nuts. I agree with jimmy c.
Of course, you'd have to get
your hands on two copies.
Take care. Ron Coates

Anonymous said...

between Seattle and Bremerton?

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob, changed my mind. I believe you are in Bangkok Thailand. The palm trees give it away.

Cheers, JS

Unknown said...

Curacao