Tuesday, February 06, 2007

At long last ... pub day!

Man, it feels like I've been waiting forever for BERMUDA SCHWARTZ to come out. Finished writing it last June, got the advance copies in August, and since then it has been wait, wait, wait. But now it's official. Today is Publication Day! And for the next coupla months I'll be taking my show on the road, vying for book sales and happy to take whatever crumbs the likes of James Patterson, Janet Evanovich and JK Rowling might leave me.

I'll be posting regular dispatches from the road here, so check back often to see how things are going in DC, NYC, Chicago and, oh, Wetumpka, AL. Wetumpka. Never been there. Can't wait to see if it's as glorious as it sounds.

But first, one housekeeping matter: I am proud to announce the winner of our "Name the Librarians Contest." We were in search of a collective noun that best described a group of librarians and while many of the entries came close: "A shush of librarians," "a stack of librarians," "a lush of librarians" (according to the librarian who sent that in, librarians really like to drink -- who knew?), the winning entry came from (cue drum roll, please):

Jane Peterson, Seminole County (FL) Library System, who suggested: A volume of librarians.

I like that, I like that a lot. And since I'm the judge, Jane wins a free copy of BERMUDA SCHWARTZ.

Now, the rest of you -- go out and buy them.

No comments: