My (otherwise) friend and fellow Florida mystery author Kris Montee(she's one half of the dazzling sister writing team known as PJ Parrish) has been ragging on me for not posting here in the last coupla weeks.
So she has tagged me. What this means is that I have to share five statements about myself, one of which is a lie. And whoever is the first to guess the lie wins something. In this case, it will be a signed paperback of JAMAICA ME DEAD since BERMUDA SCHWARTZ won't be out until February. I also have to pass the tag along to two other people.
So, rather than finishing the chapter of the next book (I can't talk about it yet), I am actually playing along with this because I'm afraid if I don't then it will send bad ju-ju my way. And the last thing I need now is more bad ju-ju. So here goes:
1. I was paralyzed from head to toe when I was 15 years old.
2. I was once invited onstage by Jimmy Buffett to sing a song I wrote.
3. I once had an aerial combat duel with Randy Wayne White in fighter jets.
4. I was voted "Wittiest" by the Class of 1969 at Leesburg High School.
5. My way-back grandfather, Robert James Morris, signed the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
The small print: You cannot win this contest if 1.) You are Detective Randy Nutt who won the last contest 2.) You won rum from me in previous contests 3.) Any other reason that I make up as I see fit.
And, now that this is done, I tag Paul Levine and NM Kelby. Sorry, y'all